Friday, January 15, 2010

So long 2009!


Our new year's eve party had an awkward edge to it this year. We had a family full of sickies, my mom had had a major surgery earlier in the day, and my poor little family was very very tired. After visiting my mom at the hospital, I stopped at the store and picked up some party favors. We filled our glasses just minutes before the countdown began, and threw on our party hats. As hard as I tried, I just couldn't get myself in the right spirit to ring in the new year. I honestly think 2010 has seemed a little funky because I haven't let go of 2009 properly. To remedy this little problem I am posting my TOP TEN memories of 2009.

Here goes- (In NO particular order)

1. Kaitlyn Sophie's arrival into the world. It was truly love at first sight.

2. Celebrating our fourth wedding anniversary. It was my year to plan our day, so I took Ezra to some of our most special places. We played a round of golf at the place where we had our first *spark*, we danced at the place where we had our first date, and we said cheers and drank bubbly cider at the place where He asked me to marry him. It was a very sweet night.

3. Making it home in time to be with my family as we put our cat, Winston to sleep.

4. Introducing Haley to her little sister.

5. Ezra getting a new job just in time for me to lose mine. (just a tad still bitter of whole horrible experience, but it has been the BIGGEST blessing. The Lord really does know JUST what we need.)

6. Finding renewal and strength at the Time Out For Women with my Mom, Grandma, and Sister-in-law. It was such a beautiful and entertaining weekend.

7. Cooking my first Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey innards are just as gross as they sound.

8. Family Camping! As crazy as it can be, I love it and will always go back for more.

9. Countless pretend snowball fights with Haley. If you've never experienced this, just ask her to play. She loves it, and it really is lots of fun.

10. Late night couch cuddles.


All in all, 2009 was just a wonderful year. I became a mother of two; one of the toughest adventures I have ever embarked upon, but it has truly been my greatest adventure. I spent a lot of time with loved ones, and fell more in love with my husband, my girls, and my family. Lots of laughs, lots of fun! Thanks 2009!

And now, pictures of the White Family ending the year with a small boom!


* I promise this is apple cider- the kid was in love with it!




1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your memories of 2009. I love the White Family

    ReplyDelete