Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I write what I know.

I haven't posted in over a week. I'm a bad blogger, which I suppose is better than a bad booger? Say that ten times fast!

I have taken a little break from the world O' blog to reflect upon what I really want this writing space to be about. A little over a week ago, a good friend and fellow blogger wrote about her reasons for writing; and though my own reasons differ slightly from hers, it was very insightful and made me question my own reasons.(So thank you friend)

Here is what I have come up with:

1.) I find it both therapeutic AND exciting. It gives me a little time to myself... I just have to yell out, "Honey, I'm writing on my blog" and Ez will keep the girls entertained for a little while. I find it exciting in the sense that I don't know exactly who is reading and it pushes me a little more out of my comfort zone to share with others.

2.) To share my ideas on Motherhood. Everyday I am learning more and more about what it means to BE a Mother. I have been through some special experiences during my own adventure as a Mother that I know could benefit others, and I'd like to share.

3.) For those who don't know me. There are people in my life who don't know me as well as I would like. I have high hopes that through this blog, they might be able to learn more about who I REALLY am, and hopefully in turn, wonderful relationships will begin to blossom.

4.) For my girls. At the end of the year, I plan on turning this blog into a book- a journal of sorts about our lovely little life together. (Bloggers- did you know you can publish your blog? You CAN!)

5.) For my Mom. She has expressed -over and over- her love of reading my blog. She LOVES to read and gush over her grandgirls, so I write to keep her entertained.

6.) To be a better missionary. I have never been one to share my faith as much as I know I should. I've never felt I was brave enough, but I am slowly starting to learn that it is my RESPONSIBILITY to share the truths that I know with others.

7.) To reflect. This part is mostly for myself, but you are more than welcome to read.

8.) To share about my family. They are my heart. The very reason I am who I am. I am so proud of my Husband and my girls, and all that we have accomplished together, that I can't help but share. They are my reasons in all that I do.


So, there you go. My reasons for blogging. In case you have been wondering! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment