Thursday, January 7, 2010

Amen!


This past Sunday Haley left the snack and toy-filled world of nursery and joined the rank of a sunbeam in primary. It was very exciting for our family, and we spent part of saturday preparing for her great move. We practiced the sunbeam song, how she should behave in class, and how to get ready for the prayer. She was ecstatic and had a wonderful first primary experience. Since sunday I have caught her singing different melodies from church, and offering to say prayer with a little bit of help. The only catch- she likes to skip right to the 'amen' part when she thinks we've said enough.

Tonight while Haley was having her bath we read, "Sister Eternal" by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. In the book, He mentions going to the LDS church for the first time... so I say, "The Church of Jesus Christ..." and before I can finish, a loud "A-MEN!" comes from the bathtub. It made me giggle; I am just glad to know she is catching some of my lessons on prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment