Saturday, March 27, 2010

Wrinkled.

I think that each child SHOULD come into this world with a warning label. A brightly colored label with a bold font that says something to the tune of, 'no matter what you do, this child WILL cause your face to wrinkle! Enjoy!'

I was looking at my reflection in the mirror the other day, and wasn't too pleased to discover that I have my first official deep-set-not-going-away-anytime-soon wrinkle. It resides on my forehead. Front and center. It doesn't appear when I am smiling. No. It appears when I am making that, 'are you listening to mommy' face. Darn kids.

Oh well. I know it's not the first wrinkle that will be courtesy of my children. There will be lots more. Worry wrinkles, tired wrinkles, and lots and lots of happy wrinkles. Motherhood is a journey- that's for sure. Apparently my face is the road map! :)

Post Edit: As soon as I published this post, there was a side bar ad for the "top ten wrinkle creams of all time"- good to know I have the option of a good wrinkle cream someday- for now I will wear my little wrinkle with pride. :) Now gray hair... that will be a different story. Pass me the dye please!

No comments:

Post a Comment