Monday, April 26, 2010

Filter PLEASE!

Do you want to know what is so wonderful about having a four year old who LOVES to talk... she tells the world all of your secrets- big and small, significant or otherwise- to all who will listen; strangers included. It is just grand to not have any privacy anymore. Can you sense the sarcasm?

I remember when I was little my younger sister had the same 'tongue slipping' problem. We were all terrified of what she was going to say, and my mom often stood next to her with a hand ready to cover the little mouth that never stopped. It appears this same problem has been passed down to my child. Hooray for me.

I should also add that I don't really have any dirty secrets to hide, but I don't like for people to know all of my business. Like... my house isn't always spotless, or I don't like to wear pants at home, or that my 'boobies are fun to poke'... so on and so forth. you get the idea. Let's just say that courtesy of my pre-schooler, strangers know a lot more about me than I wish they would. I find myself hoovering over Haley a lot, hand ready to cover her mouth before something terribly embarassing falls out. Well, hopefully.

How do you teach the difference between pure honesty and just saying a little too much?

Ah... the joys of parenthood!

1 comment:

  1. I don't wear pants either at home. But you probably already knew that. HAHAHHA

    ReplyDelete